· Hires and trains new employees.
· Organizes and oversees the schedules and work of assigned staff.
· Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
· Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
· Plans and organizes daily activities related to production and operations.
· Measures productivity by analyzing performance data, financial data, and activity reports.
· Coordinates with other support departments such as human resources, finance, and logistics to ensure successful production operations.
· Oversees the shipping and receiving functions.
· Determines labor needs to meet production goals.
· Assists with budget preparation for operations unit.
· Coordinates with marketing and sales departments to determine pricing, timing, and number of sales promotions, and products to be sold.
· Assists with, or prepares and updates, organization’s operations manual and policies.
· Performs other related duties as required.
· Excellent managerial and supervisory skills.
· Extensive knowledge of operations and production management.
· Ability to interpret financial data as needed to set production goals.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Business Administration, or related field required; M.B.A. preferred.
· Certification through the Institute of Certified Professional Managers (ICPM) preferred.
· Five years of related experience required.
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to access and navigate the production facility.
· Must be able to lift 15 pounds at a time.