The goal of the General Manager is to enhance the customer experience at the dispensary and drive sales while promoting a positive work environment geared towards growth and development. As the General Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations at the retail level which includes: hiring, onboarding, scheduling, operations, cash handling, inventory and compliance. The role requires strong leadership skills to develop the customer service skills of your staff and in turn develop strong relationships with clientele and increase sales.
- Maintain a distribution process that is professional and safe for all customers and in compliance to federal and state guidelines.
- Ensure all stored cannabis is accounted for and the retail store has adequate amounts of cannabis for the daily operations.
- Design strategy and set goals for growth.
- Evaluate and improve operations and financial performance.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of a busy upscale retail store. Duties include financials, physical inventory, storage of cannabis, leading a team of employees, and overseeing the cleanliness & organization of the retail store.
- Verifiable product knowledge of flower, concentrates, edibles, topicals, dosing instructions, extraction methods, and methods of consumption.
- Explain treatment procedures and use of product.
- Unpack, sort, count and label merchandise, including items requiring special handling or refrigeration.
- Prepare labels by typing or operating a computer and printer.
- Receive store and inventory supplies.
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Follows/Acknowledges the strictest Federal and State Guidelines and ensures confidentiality.
- Understands the process of distribution and purpose of services.
- Communicates effectively.
- Strives for Excellence.
- Provide a positive example of professionalism and exceptional work ethics throughout the corporation.
- Perform other duties as required to successfully meet department and company goals and objectives.
- Lead and train a team of varying backgrounds and skill sets.
- Responsible for ongoing development training for all employees.
- Greet customers when entering the retail store with compassion and professionalism.
- Accurately enter customer information into our database system and METRC to verify eligibility for purchase.
- Provide exceptional customer service - always going the extra mile.
- Quickly and precisely handle cash and debit transactions while always maintaining a balanced cash drawer.
- Work with a diverse group of personalities - employees and customers.
- Possess excellent skills in mathematics.
- Be extremely organized, efficient, and a good manager of time & resources.
- Navigate Windows, and multiple applications quickly, using shortcut keys and expert typing skills.
- Ensure store is clean, stocked and organized
- Conduct nightly inventory counts of all retail store products.
- Work cohesively as part of team environment.
- Work on special projects and assignments designated by upper management.
- Must have documented cannabis experience on resume that can be verified.
- Bachelor's Degree or four years’ experience in medical clinic and/or management experience with customer service or hospitality.
- Must be over 21 years of age.
- Can legally work in the United States - all documentation required
- Applicant must consent to a criminal background check
- Must have a valid State-Issued ID or U.S. Passport
- Must be able to occasionally lift 50+ pounds
- Must be able to either sit or stand for long periods of time
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have no scheduling restrictions.
- Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of all pre-employment background checks.
- Minimum High School Diploma or G.E.D equivalent required, Associate Degree preferred.
About Story Cannabis Co.
Our story begins and ends with our team.
Story Companies is committed to providing a positive and respectful environment where individuals can work, learn and grow. Our mission is to provide high-quality cannabis products to improve the quality of life for patients we serve.
We encourage all employees to use their creativity and talent to invent new solutions, meet new demands, and offer the most effective products in the industry. With your active involvement, creativity, and support, Story Companies, LLC will continue to achieve its goals. If this mindset appeals to you, we invite you to consider our team.
Come see us in Hyattsville, Mechanicsville & Waldorf, MD!
More locations coming soon.
Our total rewards package will include the following:
100% Employee paid benefits including:
o Short-term disability
o Long-term disability
o Life Insurance
9 paid holidays
Attractive vacation and sick time package
Equal opportunity employerStory Cannabis Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.