We are setting the industry standard to influence and inspire through our innovative methods. We merge together cannabis culture with cutting-edge technology to deliver the best possible customer and employee experience(s).
STIIIZY operates a fully integrated cannabis business with a footprint that covers the entire breadth of the state of California; the world's largest cannabis market. We control our supply chain from cultivation to retail, which enables us to deliver clean and tested cannabis products at unmatched prices.
Our mission is to provide the one-stop-shop cannabis experience by offering exceptional customer experience service and diversified products. We strive to build long-term customer loyalty.
This Recruitment effort is supported by IGS Solutions LLC
The Regional Security Manager reports to the Director of Security and Safety. The primary purpose of this position is to develop strategies designed to protect STIIIZY Inc., employees, customers, assets, and brand. Collaboration with cross-functional field teams to identify the root causes of company loss within assigned regions; develop innovative solutions to minimize exposure and execute appropriate security countermeasures to mitigate risks and drive financial profitability.
The major responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following duties:
Key Duties and Requirements
- Educate and train all levels of field management and team members in programs and methods for protecting inventory, cash, equipment, and other company assets
- Complete security, safety and compliance store assessments and visit with emphasis on teaching and coaching, offering solutions to issues within company guidelines
- Participate in regional, district and store meetings, conference calls, and conduct store and facility visits with field leadership
- Implement and grow profitability and loss-reduction objectives through awareness programs, in partnership with corporate and field leadership
- Investigate evidence of loss using company tools and resources and conduct interviews in a timely manner regarding integrity, theft, and violation of company policy. Develop and provide operations and field leadership with recommendations for resolution and improvement
- Conduct onsite visits to new store opening locations to ensure security, safety and compliance processes are in place and to train new team members on security, asset protection and safety concepts and protocols
- Provide risk assessment for new and existing store locations and recommend physical security needs such as CCTV, access control and/or alarm upgrades to positively impact losses
- Implement strategies to reduce organized external and internal theft/ criminal activity
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong communication, problem solving, public speaking, time management and interpersonal skills. The ability to effectively influence others without direct authority over region/ district and store level team members.
- Understanding of retail sales drivers, financial reports, and retail business acumen. Ability to function independently and problem solve with minimal direction
- Experience in the areas of workplace violence mitigation, risk assessment, supply chain, and DC security compliance and security systems are key to this position.
- Manage response to all critical incidents in the assigned area of responsibility; conduct critical incident investigations timely and thoroughly and ensure those investigations are well documented.
- Self-motivated, strong bias for action, ability to multi-task and organize time and resources for effective workload management
- The position will require relationship building with internal teams as well as external partners, law enforcement, vertical retailers, and cannabis community as required
- Able to interact in a corporate and field environment and effectively communicate with all levels of management
- Can independently develop training, reports, spreadsheets, and other information that may be needed. (e.g. – MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint)
- Wicklander-Zulawski Interviewing Certificate/ CFI (Certified Forensic Interviewer) a plus.
- 8+ years of Security/ Asset Protection Management or Military Operations experience.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, any suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
Physical Requirements/ Work Environments
- Must be able to work normal business hours, as well as after-hours depending on business security needs and serious incidents.
- Position can require up to 80% or more travel to multi-site locations, with little notice
- Ability to physically access and navigate all areas of stores and facility business work areas.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.