Merchandise Planning Analyst
The Merchandise Planning Analyst will provide weekly reporting and analysis to team, including sales, inventory, and store performance. Work with the buyer/planner to determine replenishment buy quantities for 3rd party products as well as new product launches for internal products. Responsible for maintainin appropriate inventory levels in correct categories at all stores. Manage all product purchase orders as well as available open to buy. Proactively identify items that we are long on or have upcoming expiration dates and recommends promotion to divest. Proactively identify inventory risk and opportunity through analyzing retail and shipment sales trends and make recommendations on solutions. Develops and analyzes testing programs on both product and promotions.
· Maintain and evolve our sales and inventory reporting as well as decision making
· Monitor and manage sales and inventory in all stores, for both internal and 3rd party
brands and product categories to maximize sales and product turn.
· Develop strong relationships with the retail stores as well as the operations team for smooth
and accurate daily allocations.
· Analyze product sell-through in all categories to identify sales patterns and opportunities in
· Identify growth opportunities and act quickly to capitalize on them to drive revenue
· Analyze all sales promotions and marketing campaigns – what worked, what did not work and provide recommendations and opportunities.
· Review and validate product road map direction; develop total chain store assortment
· Other duties as assigned.
· Must be 21 years or older with the ability to pass a criminal background check
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and years of experience
· Retail experience in a similar role or responsibility for similar duties and responsibilities
· Allocation and retail math knowledge
· Strong analytical and data mining skills
· Cross functional collaborator
· Able to drive opportunities and increase revenue based on analytical findings
· Expert knowledge of MS Excel
· Comprehensive understanding of MS Word and PowerPoint
- 12- 18 months cannabis and/or start-up experience ideal
At SKYMINT, we have one mission and one mission only: to change people's lives for the better.
Change your life. Change the world.
Personal change. Social change. Political change. We want it all, and we’re committed to being trailblazers in the cannabis industry. By creating, developing, distributing, and selling the best cannabis products on the market, and by giving back to support positive change in our communities, we believe we cannot only change our customers’ lives for the better; we believe we can change the world.
At Skymint, we believe access to the best cannabis plants can help you live your best life. So, we grow them right here in Michigan, giving farm-to-stash freshness at the best value around.
We treat our teams like the modern-day cannabis sommeliers they are, giving them the resources, they need to create life-changing experiences for all. Why? Because we’ve seen what happens when happy people make happy plants. We hope you’ll want to be a part of this team!
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off
Equal opportunity employer
As an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we are committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other federally, state and/or locally protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon receipt of a background check, a possible job-related drug test (excluding cannabis), and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.