Manufacturing Quality Control Technician
We are setting the industry standard to influence and inspire through our innovative methods. We merge together cannabis culture with cutting-edge technology to deliver the best possible customer and employee experience(s).
The company operates a fully integrated cannabis business with a footprint that covers the entire breadth of the state of California; the world's largest cannabis market. We control our supply chain from cultivation to retail, which enables us to deliver clean and tested cannabis products at unmatched prices.
Our mission is to provide the one-stop-shop cannabis experience by offering exceptional customer experience service and diversified products. We strive to build long-term customer loyalty.
We're seeking energetic QC Technicians to assist the Operations Management team with daily functions that will support many facets of the company. The ideal candidate will be punctual, detail-oriented, trustworthy, and willing to flex into a new role at any given moment. This is an entry-level position, in which the QC Technicians are responsible for the control of product quality, quantity, and safety while following BCC, cGMP, CDFA, CDPH, FDA, and ISO guidelines. One must have the ability to monitor acceptable quality limits (AQL) set by the company’s Quality Department and to enforce prompt and necessary corrective actions. Cannabis Industry experience is a plus!
2 Shifts available
Schedule: 6am - 3:00pm or 3:30pm - 12am
WHO SHOULD APPLY
- To belong to a community of relentlessly dedicated individuals driven by a passion to be a best in class cannabis brand.
- To do exceptionally meaningful work that helps to improve other's quality of life.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit; guided by an authentic understanding of cannabis and cannabis culture; and committed to social justice.
- The opportunity to work for a growing company that is positioned to become a globally recognized brand in the cannabis industry
- Significant opportunity for growth, experience, and learning in a startup company
KEY ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS
- A resilient and entrepreneurial spirit with a growth mindset
- A true team player willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done to succeed
- Ability to work autonomously and take ownership
- Able to create, maintain and build professional relationships and rapport
- Have a strong desire to grow professionally and personally
- Have a sound knowledge of market trends
- Flexibility - this role will be ever-changing
- Perform Microbiological swabbing of equipment and environment and document results.
- Perform periodic weight monitoring and quality inspections and alert production of any non-compliance for prompt adjustment.
- Promptly reports issues to Quality Control Manager, which includes any unfavorable results if corrective actions do not resolve issues.
- Ensure batch records are correctly filled out and logbooks are properly maintained.
Salary$17 USD per hour
- Comfortable in a fast-paced start-up atmosphere environment and able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Must show good attention to detail and possess good people skills and be able to multitask and work under pressure and good organization skills.
- Ability to wear the required PPE and practice safe work practices.
- Possess a willingness to learn new skills and traits, also express an optimistic outlook and be ready for growth.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must have basic computer proficiency and competence in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Comfortable with monotonous working assignments and willing to cross-training in different departments.
- Ability to work independently and within a team and willing to take direction as needed.
- Must have good Math knowledge, including the use of decimal conversions.
- Comfortable with attending weekly or monthly meetings and training classes.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and professional demeanor, with an ability to interact with employees and others at any level within the organization.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with extreme professionalism.
- Minimum of a High School diploma; preferred Associate’s degree and previous experience in a quality control environment, preferably in a cGMP/FDA/ISO setting (preferred, but is not required).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization's facilities.
- Be able to stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time, bend, kneel, squat, and twist
Due to Covid-19, we are doing everything we can to keep our team and customers safe. This means individual offices or widely spaced workstations. We also provide extra masks, shields, hand sanitizer, and gloves as needed. We are an essential business and we require our team to work in the office.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- The ideal candidate will have at least one to three years of manufacturing and packaging experience with a focus on ensuring product safety, consumer safety and satisfaction, and high product quality.
- Previous experience in Cannabis or Botanical processing environment.
About Shryne Group Inc.
Shryne Group Inc. is a Los Angeles-based cannabis holding company with a fully, vertically integrated asset and license portfolio covering the breadth of California, the largest legal cannabis market in the world. The enterprise is the result of the synergetic integration of profitable cannabis assets and veteran professionals who have come together for the opportunity to shape this industry. Our vision is informed by an intimate understanding of cannabis culture, its history and the collective expertise of decades of experience in diverse fields. Our STIIIZY product line is one of the best-selling cannabis brands in the market today. We are rooted in California, but currently have operations in Nevada and Washington - soon to be in Michigan, and distribution networks to future markets in more than 60 countries.
- Partnered with UFCW: The UFCW partners with cannabis workers, patients, consumers, community allies, elected officials, and business owners to achieve the shared goals of creating an industry with family-sustaining jobs and a focus on social equity
- Full time status based on seniority
- Medical Insurance for 70% covered by the company for part time and full time employment
- Paid training to learn about the history of cannabis, compliance, product knowledge, and sales
- Quarterly samples (ranging from $100-$300)
- Annual employee appreciation 30-40% merchandise discount for Stiiizy swag
- Paid holidays
The following benefits apply to all retail employees under the global contract only (excludes Davis/Modesto):
- 10% employee discounts and 20% employee discounts on Stiiizy mmj products on top of already highly competitive prices
- 1.5x premium pay for working on 4/20
- 1 floating holiday after 12 months of employment
- Employee birthday paid holiday
Equal opportunity employerShryne Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.