The Extraction Supervisor, reporting directly to the Production Manager, is responsible for managing the daily operations of the extraction lab, which could include the manufacture and packaging of cannabis oils, distillate, Vape Cartridges and topicals; leading a patient-centric team and providing clear direction to achieve company initiatives. Additionally, the Extraction Lab Supervisor implements and maintains the policies and procedures of the company and ensures compliance with all state and local laws and regulations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Resolves day-to-day issues raised by team to achieve predominantly short-term objectives.
- Monitors performance of equipment, machines and tools and correct equipment problems or process parameters that produce non-conforming products, low yields or product quality issues
- Ability to work with in solventless processing
- Oversees extraction technicians, delegating their daily tasks
- Converts cannabis plant material through the various cannabis oil extraction processes; packaging of all related cannabis products while executing all chain of custody changes which occurs within Viridian Science and METRC.
- May work with upstream / downstream departments to ensure prompt delivery of cured cannabis to the Inventory team for Wholesale and kitchen. Oversees the proper transition of material from the vault while following the strictest compliance to the company’s Policies and Procedures regarding Change of Custody of Inventory
- Drives the performance of own team and its contribution the achievement of goals and objectives.
- Executes quality control audits of marijuana flower, oil and concentrates.
- Provides direction and leadership in the resolution of technical and production-related problems to assure completion of weekly schedules that meet or exceed Company and Customer expectations.
- Monitors departmental performance measures, including visual controls, and provide regular progress reports.
- Monitors the alignment of product, lines, or shift with plant production schedule and materials planning to meet production goals.
- Ensures work orders are closed and data is accurate.
- Ensures adherence to Company policies and procedures.
- Supervises Associates in a manner that fosters a safe work environment and a self-directed team approach.
- Provides continuous communication to Plant management on production, facility, and Associate accomplishments and/or concerns.
- Identifies, arrange, and/or provide training to ensure a safe, efficient, quality work environment with focus on continuous improvement and lean manufacturing principles; maintaining, updated and creating department SOP’s.
- Facilitates communication, coordination, and conflict resolution within and among work groups.
- Provides leadership to Associates in all areas including hiring, Performance Management, coaching, counseling, and corrective action.
- Assists in the analysis of production and related processes and make recommendations on improvements and organization of process improvement activity through the application of SixSigma & Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
- Promotes an atmosphere of diversity, open communication and trust, affording opportunities for training and growth.
- Remains flexible to the needs of the business, and perform other functions, as required
- Always ensures compliance with all sanitation regulations and safety standards in the production of all products produced by the company as set in the company’s Policy and Procedure Manuals
- Implements and ensures execution of a rigid cleaning schedule dividing focus of duties daily, weekly, and monthly as needed
- Executes and enforces compliance of all local and state regulations.
- Executes and manages payroll for their direct reports.
- Uses tact and diplomacy to exchange information and handle sensitive issues.
Qualifications and Education
- Two-year degree in technical or business-related discipline preferred.
- 2-3 years manufacturing experience with progressive responsibilities and leadership experience.
- Experience in management of production schedules, reading technical documents and blueprints preferred.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing and Quality systems preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maximize asset utilization required.
- Must have strong computer skills, especially Microsoft office.
- Excellent Analytical Trouble Shooting. Knowledge of chemical and material compatibility.
Physical and Environmental Requirements
- Ability to work a minimum of 8 hours a day and rotating shifts;
- Flexible schedule availability including nights, weekends and holidays;
- Ability to work safely in C1D1 environments with explosive conditions;
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time;
- Ability and willingness to work in the following conditions:
- General office environment;
- Extended computer usage;
- Extended phone usage including teleconferences, and
- Work environments that include exposure to, but not limited to, particles, fumes, dust, odors, heights, indoor AC, no AC, motion, and noise.
MMI encourages applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. MMI believes in creating and sustaining a robust policy of inclusivity and diversity. MMI recognizes that diversity in the workforce is key to the integrity of a company’s commitment to its community. MMI's Diversity & Inclusion Plan is designed to promote equity among minorities, women, veterans, people with disabilities, and people who identify as LGBTQ+. MMI will make every effort to employ and advance in employment qualified and diverse people at all levels within the company.
We value all team members by embracing their diverse talents, perspectives, and experiences, and fostering inclusion that inspires innovation, encourages respect and promotes unlimited success. Our goal is to attract and sustain a diverse workforce by recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining high-performing employees who work collaboratively to carry out the mission of MMI.
Individuals seeking employment with MMI that have any Criminal Offender Record Information remain eligible for employment subject to applicable law and regulation.