Production Technician AM (Steele)
Reports to: Facility Manager or Production Supervisor
Production Technicians are responsible for all aspects of plant processing from crop harvest through packaging and labeling of the final product ready for customer sale as outlined by the management team. These responsibilities include trimming, assembling completed product materials into various containers and packages as well as ensuring that the appropriate quantity, weight, and type of product is packaged. This position works in a timely manner and strives to increase productivity and acts with professional regard to the management and use of all production facilities and processing equipment. All qualified applicants will be trained in the use of equipment for processing.
Pay: $18.50+ Benefits,401k, life insurance. Great employee perks!
Schedule: Full time
Major Areas of Responsibility include:
- Assisting in the harvest and post-harvest plant processing of medical cannabis
- Fan leaf removal, harvest, drying, trimming, curing, weighing, packaging, labeling, recording, inspection of product in addition to cleaning and sanitation
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Hand trim fan leaves from medical marijuana plants before harvest using shears, scissors
- Transport harvested plants to drying and hang to be dried
- Operate a trimming machine (if needed) to remove guard and/ or sugar leaves from medical marijuana
- Weigh, package, label, record/track medical cannabis for distribution
- Take instructions and assist on tasks as delegated by management team
- Work in a quick and efficient manner
- Maintain a culture of professionalism and service
- Ensure daily compliance with policies including but not limited to; state compliance, security protocols, access protocols, dress code and work schedules
- Comply with all HR policies including confidentiality and non-disclosure
Minimum Qualifications (Skills, Knowledge & Abilities):
- High school graduate
- 1-3 years of experience in production position; including hands-on production activities
- General knowledge of weights and measurement
- MED Badge
- Evening/night/weekend work may be required
- All positions deal with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
- Speed and precision with equipment and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and maintain work consistency on a daily basis
- High attention to detail
- Standing/sitting for long periods of time
Travel %: 0
FLSA status: Non-exempt
Additional Abilities Required:
The job requires physical activity, including prolonged sitting, standing, repetitive bending, climbing, and lifting or moving up to 10 pounds (or more with a coworker). Good visual acuity, hand-eye coordination, manual dexterity, and ability to perform repetitive motions with accuracy is required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work environment characteristics are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. Business travel may provide for varying degrees of change in work environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About Columbia Care
Columbia Care is one of the largest and most experienced cultivators, manufacturers and providers of cannabis products and related services, with licenses in 18 U.S. jurisdictions and the EU. Columbia Care operates 130 facilities including 99 dispensaries and 31 cultivation and manufacturing facilities, including those under development. Columbia Care is one of the original providers of medical cannabis in the U.S. and now delivers industry-leading products and services to both the medical and adult-use markets. In 2021, the company launched Cannabist, its new retail brand, creating a national dispensary network that leverages proprietary technology platforms. The company offers products spanning flower, edibles, oils, and tablets, and manufactures popular brands including Seed & Strain, Triple Seven, gLeaf, Classix, Plant Sugar, Press, Amber and Platinum Label CBD. For more information on Columbia Care, please visit www.col-care.com.
Recognized for its comprehensive benefits, ongoing training opportunities and commitment to diversity, equity inclusion both internally and with external vendors, Columbia Care has earned a spot on mg Magazine’s America’s Top Cannabis Industry Employers list.
As a condition of employment, all Columbia Care employees are required to submit to a background check. Employment decisions, in compliance with state law, are based on an employee’s background report at the time of hire.