The Pharmacist is responsible for consulting with qualified patients and caregivers and administering approved medical marijuana products. The Pharmacist oversees all activities related to the operation of the Dispensing Facility to include patient identification and registration, record retention, product tracking and inventory control. This position requires that the incumbent maintains an active State pharmacist license and has completed the course(s) pursuant to the Statute.
Travel: 50% Virginia Beach, Portsmouth
Major Areas of Responsibility include:
- Ensuring compliance with all State Medical Marijuana Program rules and regulations governing the Act, and directly supervising the activity within the dispensary to include dispensary staff training and education.
- Providing management and leadership in the Dispensing Facility to include monitoring all point of sale transactions.
- Managing patient specific logs as required, receiving, storage and auditing of all inventory, and is responsible for ordering new inventory and supplies, maintaining accurate records using ADILAS, the Dispensing Facility’s inventory tracking software program.
- As the responsible party at the Dispensing Facility, this position resolves all inventory discrepancies as well as any patient-staff conflicts.
Minimum Qualifications (Skills, Knowledge & Abilities):
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree in the pharmaceutical sciences; Pharm. D. preferred.
- An active license in good standing without restrictions.
- Satisfactory completion of the State Medical Use of Marijuana CME designation.
- Familiarity with computers.
- Recent experience (within the last 5 years) with patient-oriented drug delivery systems and a passion for patient care and service delivery.
Additional Abilities Required:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time, use hands to perform manual tasks, and lift or move up to 10 pounds (or more with assistance). Must be able to speak and communicate verbally with co-workers, customers, vendors, etc. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
FLSA status: Exempt (Full Time)
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts the company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of the position.
About Columbia Care
Columbia Care is one of the largest and most experienced cultivators, manufacturers and providers of cannabis products and related services, with licenses in 18 U.S. jurisdictions and the EU. Columbia Care operates 130 facilities including 99 dispensaries and 31 cultivation and manufacturing facilities, including those under development. Columbia Care is one of the original providers of medical cannabis in the U.S. and now delivers industry-leading products and services to both the medical and adult-use markets. In 2021, the company launched Cannabist, its new retail brand, creating a national dispensary network that leverages proprietary technology platforms. The company offers products spanning flower, edibles, oils, and tablets, and manufactures popular brands including Seed & Strain, Triple Seven, gLeaf, Classix, Plant Sugar, Press, Amber and Platinum Label CBD. For more information on Columbia Care, please visit www.col-care.com.
Recognized for its comprehensive benefits, ongoing training opportunities and commitment to diversity, equity inclusion both internally and with external vendors, Columbia Care has earned a spot on mg Magazine’s America’s Top Cannabis Industry Employers list.