The ideal Cultivation Manager has great people management skills and experience with automated systems. This person will be responsible for overseeing day-to-day cultivation activities and adjusting workflow and procedures in order to increase yields, efficiency and overall performance. The Cultivation Manager will lead and manage employees, ensuring that production needs are met, things are in full compliance with all state and local regulations, and any procedural problems are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee proper techniques related to cultivation; transplanting, pruning, defoliation, watering, feeding, and harvesting.
- Manage plant germination and propagation through cloning efforts.
- Develop and adhere to cultivation schedules to ensure plants are healthy and prepared for the flower process.
- Enforce adherence to fertilization, irrigation, and feed schedules.
- Ensure plants are receiving proper illumination, irrigation, nutrients, pruning, pest and disease control.
- Schedule harvest of plants based on cultivation schedule and plant maturation.
- Ensure that the product is compliant with all relevant regulations and meets all standards established by the state.
- Ensure proper labeling, tagging, and traceability of plants, including plant counts, both physically and in METRC, and correcting plant inventory discrepancies immediately.
- Develop and update SOPs for cultivation and post-harvest processes, enforcing strict adherence throughout the facility.
- Assist with calculating production yields and determining areas of improvement for each harvest.
- Facilitate and oversee inspections using inventory and compliance audits.
- Conduct investigations when necessary - if inventory does not match production and transfer records.
- Monitor stock of cultivation supplies and equipment and work with Procurement to order supplies.
- Prepare reports summarizing harvest yields and conditions.
- Ensure accuracy of inventory.
- Oversee tracking compliance in METRC.
- Stay current with the latest grow solutions and technology. Establish relationships with suppliers as needed.
- Provide job responsibility, HR management and task management for direct reports.
- Follow up from MRA inspections - correcting any issues identified.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Plant Sciences and/or Agriculture related disciplines.
- 2+ years as a cultivator in a large scale indoor cannabis operation.
- Experience with automated systems (e.g., Priva, Argus, Growlink).
- Experienced with mixed light growing.
- Experience diagnosing, preventing and treating plant health issues.
- Experience creating production schedules.
- Ability to manage people, provide day-to-day supervision, and handle employee related issues.
- Ability to gather, track, and report on agricultural information obtained during harvest tracking.
- Ability to develop and document SOPs.
Physical Demands / Environment
- Available to work during Harvest and Testing activities.
- Available to work 45+ hours per 7-day week.
- Available to work weekends when requested.
- Able to lift 30 lbs regularly.
- OSHA and FDA knowledge is a plus.
- Experience overseeing 20,000 square feet or more of canopy.
About Careers in Cannabis
Welcome to the Careers in Cannabis network.
By creating your Careers in Cannabis profile, you take the first step towards finding your next job opportunity – and career step – in the fast-growing cannabis industry.
Built from the ground up for the industry, the Careers in Cannabis platform is designed to make the process of finding your next gig intuitive. Through our matching technology, you can easily assess your personal fit for various skills and roles across the cannabis industry.
Your profile provides immediate access to good local job openings, and you will be notified of new job openings immediately as companies post to CareersinCannabis.com
Harvest the power of the Careers in Cannabis profile to find your fit and your future gig.
Equal opportunity employerCareers in Cannabis is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.